At Techmodal we have grouped technical delivery into several capabilities. Our Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) capability consults clients on the application of technology to project, programme and portfolio management. It is also the centre of excellence for the management of internal project delivery.
As such, the PPM capability is formed of individuals whose skills vary; some are highly tech-savvy and others focus on project methodologies and management.
For this role, we are looking for a methodology and management-focussed Consultant to join our team, to help us broaden our sector coverage.
- Supporting and shaping project delivery through suitable planning, monitoring, controlling and performance reporting
- Identifying risk and remedial actions
- Ensuring compliance with safety, environmental and management processes
- Definition of programmes and projects ensuring alignment with client business needs
- Leading and championing the application of suitable programme and project delivery strategies
- Conducting background research, data collection and benchmarking
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be used throughout a project
- Promoting positive working relationships with different stakeholders
- Preparing materials for projects and reports on progress, etc
- Fostering a growth mindset within the internal team
- Working knowledge of the defence industry
- Working experience of P3M practices
- Ideally a PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Ideally a holder of either: APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or PMI Certified Associate in Project
- Ideally a holder of an Agile Project Management qualification
- Ideally a Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)
- Can demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery
Hybrid working and Travel.
We offer a flexible approach to working in the office, working remotely and from client sites, whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK at the clients request.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Nationality limitations: Techmodal, as part of BAE Systems is an inclusive employer, and we actively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. A diverse team brings different perspectives and ideas, and fuels innovation. However, due to the nature of our business many of our roles require both security and export control restrictions. Therefore, your current or any previous nationality and/or your place of birth may limit the roles that you can carry out for us. Any such restrictions will be highlighted in the recruitment process. No agencies please.
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 200+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.