We are looking for a proactive Bid Manager to deliver on all the expectations associated with the end-to-end Bid Process, including planning, and managing activities across a range of capabilities, identifying, and delivering bid plans and strategies for small and medium size bids.
Utilising our portals and frameworks access, you will also be involved in horizon scanning and will undertake a wider range of coordination and administration duties to support the bidding and work winning activities across the wider organisation.
The Bid Manager will report to the Head of Commercial and Bids and will work closely with associated stakeholders as required by the specific business needs.
- Manage opportunities through the Bid/No Bid internal process
- Provide proactive bid management and support, leading all day-to-day bid activities for small and medium bids
- Manage creation and submission of bid/tender response documents as required
- Schedule and deliver bid team meetings (kick off, key reviews, governance/finance/final approvals/lessons learned etc)
- Ensure win strategy and win themes are articulated throughout the bid response
- Create and maintain bid plans and compliance documents, agreeing responsibilities and time frames at bid kick off
- Manage and communicate to the bid team all bid-related interactions through the relevant client portal, including document management, CQs, messages and submission
- Log and track risk throughout the bid process, highlighting areas of concern with the relevant Account Director/Capability lead
- Manage and track opportunities on key bid portals and frameworks
- Maintain the Bid Tracker and provide a weekly update to the Head of Commercial and Bids
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- 3 years-experience (minimum)
- Able to communicate and influence both internally and externally at all levels
- Proven capability in planning, producing, and delivering compliant bids with the ability to manage multi-workstream opportunities and several stakeholders in a business environment
- Solid understanding of risk management and mitigation
- Strong people management and networking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple bids concurrently
- A flexible approach to the working week to accommodate the peaks and troughs of the bid lifecycle
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote flexible working, as a Bid Manager it is likely that you will need to travel to client sites.
At present most of our teams are working from home and travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. We have just moved into a new Techmodal Headquarters in the centre of Bristol with modern, functional, and spacious office facilities with a focus on collaborative ‘in person’ working.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Nationality limitations: Techmodal, as part of BAE Systems is an inclusive employer, and we actively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. A diverse team brings different perspectives and ideas, and fuels innovation. However, due to the nature of our business many of our roles require both security and export control restrictions. Therefore, your current or any previous nationality and/or your place of birth may limit the roles that you can carry out for us. Any such restrictions will be highlighted in the recruitment process. No agencies please.
If you have any questions, please email recruitment on email@example.com
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 170+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.