We have an exciting opportunity for more talented Graduates to join the Techmodal team. If you are inquisitive and want to solve clients’ complex data problems, then this could be the career for you.
Overview of the role:
As an Analyst you will provide support to a wide range of projects as part of a Techmodal team solving some of our clients’ most challenging problems. You will work with senior staff and Project Managers to ensure the successful delivery of projects that result in tangible benefits for our clients predominantly in the Defence & Security sector. To achieve this, you will be up for the challenge of:
- Working with our clients to understand their business challenges and their differing requirements, in order to support the development of a technical solution or analytical approach.
- Participating in the design and implementation of different technology and analytical solutions, working within technical, business, and time boundaries to deliver the best practical answer to a given problem.
- Communicating your findings, analysis, dashboards, and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences within Techmodal, and to our clients.
- Developing your analytical skills as well as your understanding of new technologies and be keen to share your knowledge with the rest of the team to drive their individual growth, and the growth of Techmodal.
- Building genuine client relationships.
- Producing documentation to support project delivery.
- Presenting project findings internally, and to our clients.
- Being an effective member of a project team; contributing with subject matter knowledge.
- Developing technical solutions, with the support & supervision from senior staff.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A degree or equivalent practical experience in a relevant numerate discipline such as maths, physics, business, finance, economics, engineering, or similar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic and self–motivated with a willingness to learn quickly
- A persuasive and confident approach.
- Have familiarity of using with Office 365 (in particular PowerPoint and excel, use of Power BI would be desirable but not essential.)
- Understanding of agile delivery tools, such as Jira or Trello would be beneficial.
- 5 years’ unbroken UK residency is required to gain security clearance.
- Exposure to data visualisation tools (Power BI, Qlik, Tableau) would be advantageous.
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit delivery in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions, please email recruitment on email@example.com. No agencies please.
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 170+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.