We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Architect to join our growing business. We are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
Overview of the role:
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will work across multiple projects, collaborating with our customers and technical delivery teams to ensure that our software and data science solutions are successfully deployed and maintained. Working closely with our Head of Technology, you will drive our infrastructure strategy and be central to assuring the solutions we provide.
The successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years of enterprise solution architecture experience, with a strong focus on infrastructure and hosting
- Successfully deployed solutions in a Public Sector environment, ideally in Defence
- Knowledge of both on-premise and cloud hosting options, including common public cloud platforms (particularly Azure & AWS)
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience of working in fast-paced Agile environments
Experience with some of the below would be preferable:
- Oracle Database Technologies
- MoD accreditation processes and standards
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Option to join the BAE Systems Share Incentive Plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 160+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.