As the Senior Account Manager for Navy Digital, you will be responsible for the relationship with a major client of our business and the associated contract agreement(s). You will be capable of managing a relationship where we have 50 embedded staff, revenues of ~£5m per annum, and a partner eco-system.
- Working to the Navy Account Director, responsible for the day-to-day customer, contract and partner management of our services into Navy Digital.
- Commercially competent, must be capable of defining, agreeing and overseeing statements of works and commercial rates for the delivery of services, from inception through to invoicing.
- Ability to support a blended team of 50 staff, balancing local and customer needs on a day-to-day basis, in the delivery of our service
- Work with the technical capabilities and resourcing team to agree suitable teams, individuals, and onboarding and offboarding to meet customer demand
- Maintain all information required as part of internal processes (governance, resourcing, financial etc.) across our portfolio of projects with Navy Digital
- Exhibit energy, enthusiasm and drive for our customers, building on and improving offerings, to realise best value and impact
- Maintain a close understanding of the Royal Navy’s work pipeline, stakeholders, organisation, major programmes and key opportunities
- Maintain close relationship and grow partnerships with wider BAE Systems and External partner organisations to ensure ongoing quality and efficiency of delivery into Navy Digital.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Evidence of establishing, managing and growing the relationships with senior stakeholders within UK MoD and industry partners
- 3+ years’ experience of being commercially accountable for PnL outcomes.
- Experience of working within the UK MOD and ideally alongside Navy customers.
- Experience/ knowledge of public sector call-off contracts and nuances, enabling pipelines of work of £4m+ p.a. (e.g. CCS DOS5)
- Capable of shaping professional services-based statements of works, and cohering the right digital and data skills and specialisms for our customer
- Desirable knowledge of the SFIA skill levels, and the Government Digital Service (GDS) framework
- 5+ years’ experience of overseeing digital/ data projects from inception to close
- Experience of building and leveraging relationships with internal capabilities, and external partners, to offer the best capabilities to the customer
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote flexible working, as an Account Manager it is likely that you will need to travel to client sites.
At present most of our teams are working from home and travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. We have just moved into a new Techmodal Headquarters in the centre of Bristol with modern, functional and spacious office facilities with a focus on collaborative ‘in person’ working.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Nationality limitations: Techmodal, as part of BAE Systems is an inclusive employer, and we actively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. A diverse team brings different perspectives and ideas, and fuels innovation. However, due to the nature of our business many of our roles require both security and export control restrictions. Therefore, your current or any previous nationality and/or your place of birth may limit the roles that you can carry out for us. Any such restrictions will be highlighted in the recruitment process. No agencies please.
If you have any questions, please email recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 170+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.