We have an exciting opportunity to join the Techmodal team as our new Commercial Manager.
Overview of role
As a Commercial Manager you will be a key player in providing commercial services, support and implementation of strategy to meet the needs of our fast-paced business and customers.
The role requires a good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of Commercial Principles, Techniques and Practices, but ideally within a digital environment. The candidate will need to be flexible, creative and bring innovative commercial ideas to help support the growth of the business.
This area of the business is fast paced and the candidate will need to demonstrate clear prioritisation and organisation skills inclusive of the ability to manage multiple internal stakeholders to achieve approvals to execute agreements in a timely manner to support an agile growth agenda. Direct impact on self and others as the role involves preparing and delivering approval, briefing packs and information/services with a need for these to be accurate and complete.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Develop and grow knowledge of Techmodal, Digital Intelligence and wider BAE Systems.
- Acting as primary customer interface for proposals and contractual matters.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to prioritise own workload, and work in a fast paced environment with multiple reviews and sign offs required from multiple subject matter expert disciplines: data protection; legal; security; intellectual property law etc.
- Lead on commercial issues and internal governance.
- Leading and supporting the preparation of proposals, competitive bids, contract changes and claims requiring innovation and creativity.
- Acting as commercial lead on a range of Government frameworks such as Crown Commercial Services (CCS) frameworks.
- Contract management activities and guidance throughout the opportunity/contract lifecycle, including managing commercial requirements, deliverables and contract performance.
- Identifying commercial risks and opportunities, and devise appropriate mitigations.
- Senior leadership stakeholder management.
- Proactively engage other functions to enhance the commercial solution.
- Understanding the sales and business development strategy and targets for the business
- Working with Procurement to leverage the supply base and implement subcontracts.
- Developing and applying product/service knowledge, customer knowledge and market intelligence.
- Coaching contract management issues, tools and techniques.
- Influencing the price build-up.
- Seeks ways to tailor processes to promote agility of Techmodal business needs: standard contracting templates/licences etc. and tailored governance; supporting approvals for internal delegations of authority for repeat work.
The successful candidate will:
- Knowledge of UK Defence Sector – recognise key players in market.
- Ability to forge good working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to persuade and influence.
- Maturity and gravitas to work with senior levels of clients and internal stakeholders.
- Contract drafting experience.
- Prioritising workload and communicating this to internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and deal with possible conflicting deadlines in a logical and level headed manner.
- Works as part of Commercial team and wider department team.
- Works with minimal supervision in fast paced environment, helps define own objectives.
- Has developed a good level of business acumen.
- Stakeholder management skills with the ability to interact and influence across a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of contract management issues.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques that can be used to generate winning bids.
- Be able to influence others and provide sound logic for recommendations and decisions.
Hybrid working and Travel.
At present most of our teams are working from home and travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. We have just moved into a new Techmodal Headquarters in the centre of Bristol with modern, functional and spacious office facilities with a focus on collaborative ‘in person’ working.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Nationality limitations: Techmodal, as part of BAE Systems is an inclusive employer, and we actively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. A diverse team brings different perspectives and ideas, and fuels innovation. However, due to the nature of our business many of our roles require both security and export control restrictions. Therefore, your current or any previous nationality and/or your place of birth may limit the roles that you can carry out for us. Any such restrictions will be highlighted in the recruitment process. No agencies please.
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 200+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.