We have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Tester to join our growing business. We are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
Overview of the role:
The successful candidate will be given exposure to a variety of projects and technical challenges. They will join a team of software developers and manual testers and help the team implement new automated functional and end-to-end testing processes. Support will be given through mentoring, training and regular reviews.
- Working closely with our development team in an Agile environment
- Shaping our test automation processes, advising on tool selection and helping to upskill colleagues
- Improving and preserving the quality of our software solutions
- Collaborating with users and system analysts to produce use cases and user stories to demonstrate system requirements
- Creating, maintaining and running test scripts
- Analysing and creating test data
- Building productive relationships with clients and other members of the Techmodal team
- Developing a detailed knowledge of our software solutions and a base understanding of the Defence industry
- Taking responsibility for assigned deliverables and ensuring their successful completion to a high standard
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong experience (3+ years) of automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer) and processes in a complex software development environment
- Have a desire to shape automated testing processes and approaches in line with industry good practice
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and a drive to ensure high standards of delivery
- Display an interest in upskilling and mentoring others
- Have good numeric skills
- Have strong manual testing ability
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work alone and as part of an Agile team
- Be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a willingness to learn quickly
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Option to join the BAE Systems Share Incentive Plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 160+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.