We have an exciting opportunity to join the Techmodal team as our new Account Director for business delivered directly into BAE Systems (internal) and delivered in partnership with BAE Systems to external markets in the UK and internationally. Work stretches across the whole BAE Systems enterprise into a wide variety of sectors with Defence and Security.
Overview of role
As the Account Director you will be responsible for developing and managing the relationship with existing major client of our business. You will provide guidance and oversight to the projects delivered for these clients and identify opportunities to develop new business. You will blend this with a mix of success with people, commercial, technical and programme management expertise to ensure Techmodal strategic business objectives. You will deliver a growing, engaged, and highly incentivised account of clients and partners to accelerate theirs and our business success.
- Working to the Head of Business Development, provide a focal point for all engagements with the customer direct or via an industry partner.
- Bringing opportunities through the sales cycle – identification to closure and then development of the account.
- Maintain a close understanding of the Defence and Security landscape, stakeholders, organisation, major programmes and key opportunities
- Work with the technical capabilities to develop innovative offerings against these opportunities
- Represent Techmodal at events and engage with relevant industry bodies to promote our brand
- Maintain all information required as part of internal processes (governance, resourcing, financial etc.) across our portfolio of projects with these customers
- Support other Account Directors with input into their accounts and be able to sell our offerings across new domains when required
- Work with the marketing team to develop and deliver a marketing strategy into the these customers
- Exhibit high levels of energy, enthusiasm and drive for generating new lines of work and improving existing offerings
- Lead by example and support, encourage and develop Techmodal’s future generation of leaders
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- You are an excellent relationship manager, working seamlessly across the business
to ensure that we always provide the best value and quality for our clients to ensure mutual success.
- You have a proven record of establishing, managing and growing relationships of trust with senior stakeholders within UK MoD and industry partners in the Defence and Security arena.
- You can show evidence of thriving in highly ambitious, fast paced, matrix organisation.
- You have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, targeting audiences ranging from delivery teams to senior customers.
- You have generated commercial leads and opportunities with potential new clients, and proactively converted these opportunities to revenue streams.
- You can provide evidence of taking a project successfully through commercial processes.
- You have a proven record of consultative selling and negotiation of requirements and rates, ideally in a technology, software, professional services environment.
- You will have commercial acumen of the management/business consulting industry, its core service offerings and go-to-market approaches.
- You have experience mentoring or developing direct or indirect reports.
- You are an open communicator and collaborator with the ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding.
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote flexible working, as an Account Director it is likely that you will need to travel to client sites.
At present most of our teams are working from home and travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. We have just moved into a new Techmodal Headquarters in the centre of Bristol with modern, functional and spacious office facilities with a focus on collaborative ‘in person’ working.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Nationality limitations: Techmodal, as part of BAE Systems is an inclusive employer, and we actively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. A diverse team brings different perspectives and ideas, and fuels innovation. However, due to the nature of our business many of our roles require both security and export control restrictions. Therefore, your current or any previous nationality and/or your place of birth may limit the roles that you can carry out for us. Any such restrictions will be highlighted in the recruitment process.
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 200+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.