We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Techmodal team. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field looking to take their career to the next level.
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
Overview of role:
Data scientists work to understand business problems and translate them into testable hypotheses for which analysis can be conducted. As a data scientist at Techmodal you will be working on a broad range of projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will be utilising cutting edge machine learning techniques and an analytical mindset to deliver insight to clients. Projects range from data exploration and visualisation, to integrating algorithms into software and developing data processing pipelines. You will be driven to explore new tools and techniques.
Only candidates who have live Security Clearance (or 5+ years’ UK residency in order to gain it) and relevant industry experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent practical experience in a relevant numerate discipline such as maths, physics, economics, engineering, or similar.
- Significant (3yrs +) experience of applying statistical and machine learning techniques to large, complex datasets to solve business challenges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including experience of stakeholder management
- Programming and data handling experience in Python or similar.
- Developed data science solutions to real world problems, from proof of concept to delivery.
- Experience of developing and deploying deep learning and neural network algorithms
- Working with unstructured data sources such as images, video and text
- Working with Python application frameworks such as Django, Flask.
- Preparing / managing infrastructure with DevOps practices.
- Working with Agile project delivery methods.
- Experience of relational databases, e.g. SQL, Oracle.
- Defence industry experience.
- Experience using BI tools, such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Experience of version control (git) and CI/CD development approaches
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on email@example.com. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 150+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.
perks of the job
Take a look through our benefits brochure for a full overview of the perks you can expect to enjoy.