We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Author to support the development and implementation of our bespoke web-based applications. The role offers an opportunity to shape our future documentation strategy and to bring fresh ideas and innovative approaches to the generation and maintenance of technical and user documentation.
The role will be based predominately at our offices in Bristol but will require occasional travel to our customer sites.
All candidates need to have the ability to gain Security Clearance once employed, so five years’ UK residency is a requirement for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of all technical and user documentation, independently delivering concise and intuitive documentation which is reusable and easy to maintain
- Developing a detailed knowledge of our software solutions, underpinned by an understanding of the Defence industry.
- Defining and enforcing documentation standards and processes, ensuring that quality and consistency is maintained.
- Delegating documentation tasks and reviewing and editing content generated by others.
- Working closely with our developers, testers and technology consultants in an Agile environment.
- Building productive relationships with clients and other members of the Techmodal team.
- Demonstrate proven experience of software documentation and technical writing (3+ years).
- Have a keen interest in technology and a desire to learn.
- Be able to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easy to understand.
- Be able to identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and put in place practices to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a strong eye for detail and a focus on quality.
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated with a willingness to learn quickly.
- Demonstrate the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Benefits of working with us
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks ensure that there is something to suit everyone, including:
- Competitive salary
- KPI related variable pay
- Contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting, which will include a minimum of 5 years’ UK residency is a requirement for this role.
If you have any questions please email recruitment on email@example.com.
We’re a consultancy and technology company based in the heart of Bristol. As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 80+ is still growing!
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.