Senior Consultant/Consultant Modeller
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join our young, fast growing management consultancy.
As a Senior Consultant you will provide modelling support to a wide range of Techmodal client projects. When required, you will manage the successful delivery of projects ensuring they are on time and to cost within the targets and objectives set by the Account Manager. The primary measures of the Senior Consultant’s success are:
- Capture, manage and analyse modelling requirements
- Determine the appropriate analysis / modelling approach and techniques to meet requirements
- Designing and building visually compelling dashboards
- Mentoring and coaching of less experienced members of staff
Key responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with key customers of influence, and being a trusted point of contact for senior clients
- Creating and delivering well-articulated, structured and succinct professional documentation to clients
- Presenting to clients, including leading the production, content and delivery of material, and generating storyboards to deliver key messages
- Being an effective member of a project team;assisting others with their subject matter knowledge
- Lead a project team, providing technical and pastoral assistance as required, developing junior staff skills and confidence
- Building/amending very high complexity models including risk and uncertainty
- Designing and building visually compelling dashboards for very high complexity models
- Supervise/coach junior staff
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly numerate, with a good degree in a computational or numerate subject such as computer science, maths, physics etc.
- Have experience of manipulating data sets.
- Have a numerate discipline such as maths, physics, business, finance, economics, engineering,etc. or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A persuasive and confident approach and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Be able to demonstrate a strong track record of effective liaison with clients and their stakeholders.
- Have experience of working with inventory or logistics data.
- Have complete familiarity and confidence in using spreadsheets to create basic and complex models.
- Have knowledge of the defence industry or able to apply knowledge of other industry supply chains
Benefits of working with us
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks ensure that there is something to suit everyone, including:
- Competitive salary
- KPI related variable pay
- Contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on email@example.com.
We’re a consultancy and technology company based in the heart of Bristol. As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 80+ is still growing!
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.