We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Data Scientist to join our young, fast-growing team.
This role combines our work in Defence consulting with an exciting opportunity to directly shape and influence our customer’s data.
The role will be based on site in Portsmouth at our customer’s offices, assisting them in shaping the questions they need to be asking, as well as devising and implementing a strategy for answering them to senior stakeholders in the organisation. This role would be ideal for a candidate with a client-facing data science background; we are looking for a unicorn with excellent data skills in addition to being an experienced consultant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prototyping, developing and deploying complex analytics models
- Acquiring, processing and modelling large datasets
- Delivering high quality data insights for senior stakeholders
- Managing existing and new relationships between Techmodal and the customer
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience using and applying common data science packages (e.g. scikit-learn, numpy, pandas) and techniques such as feature selection, clustering survival curves;
- be experienced in Python scripting;
- have knowledge of PySpark, SQL, R;
- ideally be based in or near Portsmouth; and
- a working knowledge of the Royal Navy (e.g. ranks, structure, branches) would be advantageous.
Benefits of working with us
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks ensure that there is something to suit everyone, including:
- Competitive salary
- KPI related variable pay
- Contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re a consultancy and technology company based in the heart of Bristol. As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 80+ is still growing!
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.