Technology Analyst/ Consultant
London and Bristol
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Analyst/Consultant to join our young, fast growing management consultancy.
As an Analyst/Consultant you will provide support to a wide range of projects as part of a Techmodal team solving some of our clients’ most challenging problems. You will work with senior staff and Project Managers to ensure the successful delivery of projects that result in tangible benefits for our clients predominantly in the Defence & Security sector.
To achieve this, you will:
- Work with our clients to understand their business challenges and their differing requirements, in order to support the development of a technical solution or analytical approach.
- Participate in the design and implementation of different technology and analytical solutions, working within technical, business, and time boundaries to deliver the best practical answer to a given problem.
- Communicate your findings, analysis, dashboards, and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences within Techmodal, and to our clients.
- Keep up to date on your analytical skills as well as new technologies and share your knowledge with the rest of the team to drive their individual growth, and the growth of Techmodal.
- Building genuine client relationships.
- Producing documentation to support project delivery.
- Presenting project findings internally, and to our clients.
- Being an effective member of a project team; contributing with subject matter knowledge.
- Developing technical solutions, with the support & supervision from senior staff
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent practical experience in a relevant numerate discipline such as maths, physics, business, finance, economics, engineering, or similar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic and self–motivated with a willingness to learn quickly
- A persuasive and confident approach.
- Have familiarity of using with Office 365 (in particular PowerPoint and excel, use of Power BI would be desirable but not essential.)
- Understanding of agile delivery tools, such as Jira or Trello would be beneficial.
Additional desirable experience:
- Experience of Agile software development methodologies and DevOps practices.
- Exposure to data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, Tableau).
- Experience of collaborating with software engineers to integrate solutions into the client’s environment, from design to production.
- Familiar with data architecture, cloud architecture and data security/governance.
Benefits of working with us
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks ensure that there is something to suit everyone, including:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhance maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting, which will include a minimum of 5 years’ UK residency is a requirement for this role.
If you have any questions please email recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re a consultancy and technology company based in the heart of Bristol. As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 100+ is still growing!
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.