Full Time 24/07/2020
We have an exciting opportunity for Security cleared, Software Tester to join our Development team
Overview of role
The successful candidates will be given exposure to a variety of projects to draw out their strengths and help shape their career path. Support will also be given through mentoring, training and regular reviews. Reporting to the Head of Solution Delivery, you will work collaboratively with the rest of our development and testing team to produce high quality software solutions and build strong client relationships.
- Working closely with our development team in an Agile environment.
- Collaborating with users and system analysts to produce use cases and user stories to demonstrate system requirements.
- Improving and preserving the quality of our software solutions.
- Creating, maintaining and running test scripts.
- Analysing and creating test data.
- Building productive relationships with clients and other members of the Techmodal team.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of our software solutions and a base understanding of the Defence industry.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and a drive to ensure high standards of delivery.
- Have good numeric skills.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a willingness to learn quickly.
- Have experience of using Microsoft packages, particularly Excel but also PowerPoint, Word and Project.
- A good degree in a computational or numerate subject such as science, maths, engineering etc.
- Experience of manipulating data sets.
Benefits of working with us
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks ensure that there is something to suit everyone, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting, which will include a minimum of 5 years’ UK residency is a requirement for this role.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Techmodal are a consultancy and technology company based in the heart of Bristol. As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 120+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.