Techmodal are seeking a talented and hard-working developer with a minimum of two years of professional experience to join our Software Development Practice and support the delivery of innovative software solutions to our clients, both internally and more widely within BAE Systems Engineering and Digital Services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of software and integration with other software systems, to support business data requirements. They will have a good working knowledge of modern software development solutions, including experience in behaviour driven development or other agile methodologies, integration principles and test automation.
The successful candidate will:
- Be degree qualified in a numerate discipline or have equivalent experience.
- ASP.Net Core/ASP.Net MVC C# commercial experience as part of a team
- OO Design patterns, Dependency Injection
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery, Agile methodologies
- Exposure to Oracle or MSSQL
- Exposure to automated testing and behaviour driven development
- Previous Java experience would be beneficial
- Have a passion for driving change and implementing solutions which bring real value to our clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of development and coding standards and the principles of configuration management.
- Have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities coupled with strong communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a willingness to learn quickly.
Other desirable skills & experience:
- Knowledge of the defence industry or able to apply knowledge of other industry supply chains.
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 140+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.