We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Dev Ops to join the Techmodal team. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field looking to take their career to the next level.
Techmodal are a rapidly growing Applied Data Science and Technology business based in Bristol, UK. In 2020 we were acquired by BAE Systems, giving us access to a whole range of other exciting opportunities, while retaining our own identity. These are really exciting times for us and it’s a great time to join the team.
Overview of role:
DevOps is a set of practices and culture to enable delivery of platforms at pace, ensuring infrastructure meets the needs of the end user. In this role, you will work collaboratively, following Agile principles, to deploy and operate applications and supporting systems. This is a hands-on role, that requires a confident and skilled individual. You will be responsible for ensuring that development teams have sufficient resources to meet their demands. You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production environments.
All candidates need to have the ability to gain Security Clearance once employed, so five years’ UK residency is a requirement for this role. Candidates not meeting this requirement will not be selected for interview.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in a DevOps or similar role
- Have experience in collaborating directly with end users and leveraging your business acumen to help shape solutions which address our clients’ needs
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Experience in working as part of Agile teams, SAFe is desirable
- Infrastructure as Code to provision components (Ansible / Terraform)
- Experience of working with AWS or Azure cloud technologies
- Automation of CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins)
- Containerization approaches (Docker)
- Knowledge of micro-services (Kubernetes / Openshift)
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Familiarity with storage solutions (ElasticSearch / MongoDB)
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on email@example.com. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 140+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.