Business Intelligence and Analytics Consultant
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence and Analytics Consultant with strong Tableau and Alteryx knowledge and experience to join our team and help us broaden our sector coverage and geographic footprint. Our clients are often Programme Directors, Heads of Change, Portfolio Managers and C-suite executives and we help them by providing insights and solutions which facilitate and promote data-driven decision making, and then enable the successful delivery of their projects.
- Engaging with clients to gather requirements and to challenge their understanding of the data they have to better understand the problems they are trying to solve.
- Taking those client requirements and turning them into technical, innovative, and actionable solutions to meet the business need.
- Developing, maintaining and managing advanced reporting and BI products within Tableau.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, validation, and mapping/design.
- Carrying out data preparation for Tableau with Alteryx.
- Mentoring and supporting more junior Tableau developers.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years Tableau experience.
- 2+ years Alteryx experience.
- Excellent Tableau Dashboard design experience.
- Experience of SQL, relational databases, and normalisation.
- Comfortable with the ETL and data integration processes.
- Interest in Machine Learning and predictive analytics.
- Proven consulting experience.
- Hold live or be eligible to obtain, Security Clearance.
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 150+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.