Bid Delivery Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Delivery Manager to join our team. You must have an understanding of the Defence context and environment, gained from several years’ experience working with the MOD as a service supplier.
We are looking for strong all-rounders, who are keen to take their career to the next level – if you feel like your current corporate environment is holding you back, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Only candidates who have relevant Defence industry experience will be considered for the role.
As the Bid Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for key elements of bid activity within the business, working directly alongside the Directors and the Senior Leadership Team to grow and expand the business. You will be comfortable and experienced at leading on large bids and drafting key bid content. One of the key aspects of the role is the ability to establish relevant partnering opportunities to help Techmodal to grow at pace. You will be responsible for managing relationships with bid partners, recognising when to use them and shaping propositions to exploit opportunities in the market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable to the Directors, working with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Leading on all bid activity on behalf of the Directors, providing consistency and capacity to the bid process.
- Work with the Directors to determine bid winning strategies.
- Run bid programmes, drafting key elements of bids and coordination of technical input from across the organisation
- Lead on drafting key sections in bid documents, setting the standard for the rest of the team and reviewing, editing and revising inputs.
- Ensure compliance on all bid activity.
- Construct partnering strategy to support bids and ensure associated teaming agreements are put in place.
- Be ‘First In’ on bid wins if required, to ensure continuity of pace and delivery.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold current Security Clearance and have Defence industry experience. Current Security Clearance is an advantage, but for the right candidate, we will sponsor you through the process.
- Have an understanding of Defence context and environment gained from working with the MOD as a service supplier.
- Posses high quality written and verbal communications skills.
- A strong academic background, to degree level, preferably in a subject that required substantial research and writing skills.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in consulting delivery into the MOD, evidenced through experience of working on multiple projects; or, 5-6 years’ experience of similar work for an OEM.
- Ability to cope with a demanding schedule and the fortitude to deal with challenging workstreams that result in hitting winning quality bids.
Benefits of working with us
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on email@example.com.
We’re a consultancy and technology company based in the heart of Bristol. As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 80+ is still growing!
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.