Microsoft Power Platform Consultant
At Techmodal we have grouped technical delivery into several capabilities. Our Applied Project Intelligence capability consults clients on the application of technology to modernise business processes and is also the centre of excellence for the management of internal project delivery.
As such, the Applied Project Intelligence capability is formed of individuals whose skills vary; some are highly tech-savvy and others focus on project methodologies and management.
For this role, we are looking for a technology-focused technical consultant to join our team, to help us broaden our expertise and increase our capability in the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Leading Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents) projects using Agile methods (requirements capture, sprint planning, holding retrospectives, managing stakeholders etc)
- Acting as a lead Power Platform developer on client projects
- Bringing fresh and innovative ideas on how the Power Platform can be better leveraged for internal and client-focussed improvement initiatives
- Producing training material for more junior members of the team
- Provide input into Power Platform application lifecycle management best practice (including development, test, deployment, ETL etc)
- Support the administrating of the Techmodal Power Platform itself
- Fostering a growth mindset within the internal team
- Power Apps development experience (especially canvas apps); ideally 2+ years
- Experience of using Power Automate and ideally of Power Virtual Agents and AI Builder
- Leadership experience
- Ideally have UI/UX experience
- Ideally have an Agile qualification (eg Scrum Master, Product Owner, Project Manager)
- Ideally have experience with Dataverse and Azure SQL for extending Power App solutions
- Ideally have experience of building custom connectors
- Ideally have some Python experience and/or experience of using Azure functions within Power Apps
- Ideally have working knowledge of the public sector
- Ideally a holder of a Microsoft Power Platform or Dynamics certification (but not required)
- Have a track record of successful project delivery
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
Whilst we try to minimise travel whenever possible and promote remote working, our consultants do sometimes travel to various client sites across the UK. We will cover all expenses whilst you are away and make sure you are well looked after.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we require all candidates to be eligible to successfully complete National Security Vetting. If you have any questions please email recruitment on email@example.com. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 140+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.