Accounting or Finance Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for more talented Accounting and Finance Graduates to join the Techmodal team, who we will support through their further professional studies, such as CIMA certification. If you are inquisitive and want to solve clients’ complex data problems, then this could be the career for you.
Overview of role
As an Analyst you will provide support to a wide range of projects as part of a Techmodal team solving some of our clients’ most challenging problems. You will work with senior staff and Project Managers to ensure the successful delivery of projects that result in tangible benefits for our clients predominantly in the Defence & Security sector. To achieve this, you will be up for the challenge of:
- Working with our clients to understand their business challenges and their differing requirements, in order to support the development of a technical solution or analytical approach.
- Participating in the cost estimating and modelling work which is core to Techmodal, working within technical, business, and time boundaries to deliver the best practical answer to a given client problem.
- Communicating your findings, analysis, dashboards, and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences within Techmodal, and to our clients.
- Developing your analytical skills as well as your understanding of new technologies and be keen to share your knowledge with the rest of the team to drive their individual growth, and the growth of Techmodal.
- Building genuine client relationships.
- Producing cost models or estimating documentation to support key client delivery.
- Presenting project findings internally and to our clients.
- Being an effective member of a project team; contributing with subject matter knowledge.
- Developing technical solutions, with the support & supervision from senior staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- An accounting or finance related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic and self–motivated with a willingness to learn quickly
- A persuasive and confident approach.
- Have familiarity of using with Office 365 (in particular PowerPoint and excel, use of Power BI would be desirable but not essential.)
- Understanding of agile delivery tools, such as Jira or Trello would be beneficial.
- 5 years’ unbroken UK residency is required to gain security clearance.
- Exposure to data visualisation tools (Power BI, Qlik, Tableau) would be advantageous.
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance paying 4 x salary
- Generous sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular staff socials
- Free daily fruit in the office
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
As one of the leading providers of data driven decision support within the Defence, Commercial and Public Sectors we offer specialist skills across supply chain, finance and personnel. We have grown over 30% each year for the last five years and our team of 150+ is still growing.
Our people are the lifeblood of our business which is why we put so much energy into making sure every single person has the opportunity to tailor their career and succeed in the way they want to. Whilst we have a big business mentality we have successfully maintained our small business culture, which means you’ll join a close-knit team of like-minded people to help support and progress you through your career with us.